This Wiki is on a temporary lockdown due to a prolonged spam attack. Please email me if you have a change that urgently needs to be made
It does not contain a tutorial on WebGL: for that, you can check out the Learning WebGL lessons.
It does, however, include a list of Frequently Asked Questions about WebGL (though this might move elsewhere in the future).
Each recipe on this site should be a small(ish) bit of code showing how to do one thing only. It's not a site for frameworks or APIs, just snippets of code (though if you have a framework you'd like people to know about, feel free to add a link to the Frameworks and libraries section of this main page).
If you have a recipe that you want to add, just register (links at the top right) and add a link to a new page to the appropriate category in the list below. If there's no appropriate category, feel free to add one or use "Misc".
Right, enough explanation - on to the recipes!
- Loading shaders from HTML script tags
- A Uniform parser to work out which uniforms are defined in a shader from its source.
- A basic vertex/fragment shader combination showing colours
- Nothing here yet!
- The official Khronos WebGL page
- WebGL Cheat Sheet (API as of February 2010)
- The OpenGL® ES Shading Language Specification (12 May, 2009)
Frameworks and libraries
- mjs, something similar specifically designed for WebGL.
- glMatrix, again something similar but now "stupidly fast" :-)
- EnergizeGL uses a language inspired by processing and similar Java frameworks.
- GLGE, "WebGL for the lazy"
- Jax, a complete WebGL development environment with emphasis on productivity
- SpiderGL, providing typical structures and algorithms for realtime rendering to developers of 3D graphics web applications, without forcing them to comply with some specific paradigm.
- WebGLU, a utility library for working with WebGL
- X3DOM, is a framework for integrating and manipulating X3D scenes as HTML5 DOM elements, which are rendered via WebGL.
- o3d Google's Webgl framework.
- Oak3D An easy-to-use WebGL-based 3D graphics engine.