3D ads and popup books! It doesn’t get more fun than this in WebGL Land. Here are this week’s developments:
- Glacéau Smartwater has launched a beautiful 3D ad campaign, Explore the Sky. The ad features animated camera fly-throughs and great interaction. You can even paint clouds in the sky! Could this be a glimpse into the future of web advertising?
- Want to create your own 3D Popup Card? Check out http://www.chromeexperiments.com/detail/3d-pop-up-card/
- This week on Chrome Experiments features The Life of a Particle, “A particle simulation from another perspective — inside.” I’m not sure what that means, but this thing is damn gorgeous.
- Here is a behind-the-scenes look at creating the amazing Urban Jungle Street View. It’s a fantastic, insightful writeup by Einar Öberg, Developer and Technical Director at North Kingdom in Stockholm.
- Tarek Sherif, Software Developer at Montreal Neurological Institute/McGill University, has released BrainBrowser v2.0.0 – a new, mobile-friendly version of the real-time neuroimaging visualization software.
- The Khronos Group has announced a WebGL Widget Contest. Here’s your chance to get your 3D content onto the WebGL spec home page! Submission deadline is August 1st, so better get crackin’.
- CL3VER has released Version 2.1 of their viewer that touts higher performance on all devices.