- The first WebGL Camp Europe has been announced! It’s on 3 July 2012 in Muttenz (near Basel), Switzerland.
- The mass driver test organised by Benoit Jacob of Mozilla has led to a bunch of fixes going in to Gecko, so if you’re interested in helping again, the second round of tests has now started.
- Sway is a very neat 4K demo by Bits’n’Bites. (via WebGL.com) [WARNING: Steve reports in the comments that this one "crashes my graphics driver. Using Chrome versions 19 and 20, Windows 7 32-bit, NVidia Geforce 8600m"]
- Here’s a cool shader-only demo by Simon Green on the GLSL Sandbox, inspired by M.C. Escher’s Depth. (via AlteredQualia)
- Ludum Dare is a rapid game development community; LittlePlanetBigRocket is a very fun entry into their “Tiny Planets” WebGL competition, from David Evans.
- Another great demo from AlteredQualia: a car with gorgeous baked illumination. (via WebGL.com)
- Never mind all this GPU-enabled realism stuff. Let’s render our Three.js scenes in ASCII! (via Tony Parisi)
- Stewart Hamilton-Arrandale’s Ribbons demo is quite attractive. (via WebGL.com)
- The Superformula can apparently be used to describe many complex shapes and curves that are found in nature. Here’s a Three.js-based explorer for it, by (I think) Sebastian Sadowski.
- Jerome Etienne’s Tunnel demo will look familiar to anyone who’s seen the BlackBerry TunnelTilt game — though it doesn’t have the gameplay elements yet. (via WebGL.com)
- Here’s a nice little fractal terrain generator in Three.js by Xueqiao Xu (via Nooshu on the Three.js subreddit)
- Kamiori is a site by Aleece Burgess to teach origami using WebGL. (via WebGL.com)
- Following the Japanese theme, if vocaloid music is your kind of thing then you might like Atsushi Takayama’s Miku Miku Dance. (via WebGL.com)
- Windows Maze by SirTopHat is quite fun! (via WebGL.com)
- Gerber files are used to describe printed circuit boards; Mayhew Labs have developed an online viewer for their results. (via Nooshu on the Three.js subreddit)
WebGL around the net, 26 April 2012
April 26th, 2012 4 Comments