- News from the SIGGRAPH 2011 WebGL BOF: it will ’see a bug fix release, version 1.0.1, “probably in the fall.” Security is reportedly the highest priority with this release, for example, using watchdog timers to prevent denial-of-service-attacks. NVIDIA also showed WebGL running on a mobile device, an Android tablet, for the first time.’
- By thespite — animated GIFs in 3D.
- There’s something innately satisifying about playing with Eberhard Gräther’s soft body painter.
- Demoscene: Azathioprine by Alcatraz (takes quite a while to load). (via Mr.doob)
- Scary: OutsideOfSociety’s Endless Forest.
- From Kris Temmerman, some (Chrome-only, uses OES_standard_derivatives) WebGL tadpoles.
- A nice three.js Strange Attactor from Paul Lewis.
- Useful hints and tips on particle animations from Mike Cann.
- Like spiders? You’ll love OutsideOfSociety’s demo, using meshes from ROME. (via Paul Neave)
- Google Game Developer Advocate Lilli Thompson has posted a detailed set of recommended practices for dealing with TypedArrays — essential reading if you’re writing high-performance WebGL.
- It seems a bit odd to be creating box shots for products in these days when software is almost never sold off-the-shelf in a store, but if you want to create one then obviously you should do it using WebGL!
WebGL around the net, 15 September 2011
September 15th, 2011 2 Comments