WebGL around the net, 18 May 2010

9 Responses to “WebGL around the net, 18 May 2010”

1. John says:

Hi Giles, I am John, I apologize for my English;
    I studied your webgl tutorials and I was interested in webgl terrain’s generation, I wanted to ask if you could translate in webgl the lessons 34 and 45 of the NeHe’s tutorial in OpenGL.

2. eastwebgl says:

if you want to know more about heightmaps i suggest you start looking into glge it has a smallheightmap example in glge_input.js

3. Benoit says:

Hi, I just wanted to say that running WebGL in Firefox using OSMesa just got a lot simpler, there’s no need anymore to build OSMesa with mgl prefixes, see http://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Implementations/Firefox

4. John says:

for eastwebgl:
    I looked, but not very useful, only loads the image already made, I would like the code to create a heightmap (diamond-square algorithm) and then create the terrain from that heightmap…

@John — thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add it to my list, but be warned: I’ve got a few lessons planned at the moment, so it might take a little while before I get around to this one.

@Benoit — thanks!

6. John says:

@Giles – Thanks for your answer, but you could not make an exception for me?
    Perhaps not post so as not to upset the order of lessons, but would be very useful to me those lessons of NeHe in webgl…

Hi John,

I’m not really concerned about upsetting the order of the lessons, it’s simply a case of the work involved — writing one of these lessons takes a lot of time. Of course, if it’s truly urgent then feel free to get in touch over email about my consulting rates :-)

Giles

8. John says:

I am willing to pay you, you decide a price…

Note from me: this conversation moved over to email shortly afterwards.