GDC, GTC and 3D city planning lead this week’s WebGL stories.
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: WebGL artists, the call for submissions to the 3D Web Fest is open. Deadline to submit is April 8th (project doesn’t need to be done till late April). Don’t delay; submit today!
- Stockholm-based Agency9’s Johan Göransson and team just released support for iOS and Android for a streaming WebGL 3DMaps and City Planner. A 100% plugin- and app- free 3D city planner!
- Version 3 of CL3VER is out of beta and in general release, with GPU-based real time light maps and other great features.
- CopperLicht, an open source engine for WebGL, has just released Version 1.9 of the runtime.
- The Blend4Web team just posted a video to YouTube describing their work on Capri – purportedly the largest WebGL project ever!?
- Missed the WebGL Meetup at GDC? Now you can check out the video.
- Also from GDC, Neil Trevett talks about Vulkan and the latest in graphics from Khronos… possibly a peek at the future of WebGL?
- Can’t make it to the NVIDIA GPU technology conference? Here are the slides from my VR presentation and update on glTF and the WebGL art pipeline.